Drive Agency is looking for a Digital Research Analyst to join our Center on Digital Influence, where they will help conduct social listening research to identify online narratives – including mis/disinformation – as part of our teams’ work to help campaigns and progressive organizations navigate online threats and run adaptive, modern, and impactful communications.
The ideal candidate is a digital native who is politically engaged and looking for a way to learn and use research and critical thinking skills to support progressive goals. This candidate will also ideally have experience working or volunteering on political campaigns, in campaign advocacy, or in community organizing, and is interested in exploring how traditional and social media impacts politics and voters.
Direct experience with issues related to disinformation, extremism, or election interference is a plus, but candidates who are interested in these topics are also encouraged to apply. Experience using social media platforms in a work capacity – including any social listening tools – is also helpful but not a requirement.
This person will spend the bulk of their time conducting social listening research, including by taking responsibility for regular reports. They may also be asked to conduct research in response to breaking new events and rapid response requests on top of their weekly deliverables.
Language skills outside of English will be highly valued. Drive is committed to building a diverse team, and encourages applicants of all class origins, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is project-based for six months, with the strong potential of continuing through the November 2024 election.
- Conducting social listening research and drafting written summary memos
- Ownership over a set of regular reports, staying organized to ensure reports are completed on time and according to quality standards
- Able to also pivot as needed and produce quick, same-day reports when news and client needs require
- Staying attuned to current events and news related to US elections and politics
- Able to work after hours on occasion, particularly in response to breaking news events and rapid response requests from clients and partners
- Provide other support for senior staff and clients on an as-needed basis
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience, including some experience in politics, advocacy and/or organizing
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and juggle requests under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with Google Suite
- Understanding of the US political and social media landscapes, trends, and current events
- Experience with social media in a professional capacity is a plus
- Language skills outside of English are a plus
- Experience or interest in supporting constituencies most harmed by online mis/disinformation, including communities of color, immigrant communities, and LGBTQ+ groups is a plus
- Commitment to work that encourages voting, civic participation, or political activism
ABOUT DRIVE AGENCY
Drive Agency is a vehicle for unlocking transformative social impact in the world. We believe in a world where everyone can leverage their own agency to manifest the change they want to see. Whether that’s buying a sustainable product or advocating on an issue that matters to them. We are a diverse team of inspired and committed strategists, campaigners and creatives who champion the power of dynamic and disruptive approaches to manifest a sustainable future for all. Driven by impact, fueled by a fierce commitment to justice, and grounded in an unshakable belief that the power of everyday people can transform the world around us, we’re up for the journey it takes to make BIG things happen.
- Unlimited PTO
- 4-day work week
- Fully remote
- Benefits including dental/health/vision insurance
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Drive Agency. Thank you for your interest.